From a very inauspicious beginning in a small blacksmith shop originally started in 1882 by Edward Brunner and Severin Lay, Brunner & Lay, Inc. and its affiliated companies have become recognized as the quality leaders, as well as the world's largest manufacturer of paving breaker tools. Today, using the latest state of the art equipment in its facilities throughout the world, Brunner & Lay, Inc.'s entire output is devoted to the manufacture of pneumatic and hydraulic tool accessories for the construction, mining, and demolition industries.
The worldwide operations encompass manufacturing plants and warehouses on three different continents. These include seven facilities in the United States, three in Canada, three in Great Britain, one in Germany, and two in Australia, including the latest, an opening in 2004 of a warehouse in Kalgoorlie. The corporation is currently overseen by F. Michael Brunner, President, the fourth generation of the Brunner Family to oversee operations
Brunner & Lay products are divided into three major categories: tools used for the demolition or cutting of concrete and stone, drill steels and carbide tipped bits which are used to drill blast holes in quarries, mines, and construction projects, and small chipping and electric hammer tools which are used by the general construction trade.